Crown Permacote Ultraguard Silicone is a Super Premium, exterior decorative and protective paint incorporated with Silicone additive which gives it outstanding water resistance, excellent hiding power & resistance to extreme weather conditions.
In addition, it gives surprisingly self-cleaning properties which do not allow dirt to settle on the painted surface. These high-end properties help in reducing the maintenance cost and increase the life of the construction structure.
Characteristics: Manufactured from Pure Acrylic emulsion, combined with special Biocides to resist and greatly retard mould and algae and Silicone which gives it waterproofing characteristics and self-cleansing in the rains and to attracts less dust contaminates.
Advantages: Washable, water repellent, fully breathable, outstanding protection from extreme weather conditions, anti-fungus and anti-mould, excellent opacity, wide colour range, 10-year warranty, environmentally friendly, low VOC, Easy to apply-no special application or equipment needed. Rapid drying-two coats the same day. Can be applied on all types of surfaces subject to normal preparation. Waterborne system. Virtually odour free. Widest possible colour range. Long term protection. Reduced maintenance costs. Hides surface imperfections. Effective for filling hairline cracks.
Application: By brush, roller or airless spray equipment.
Thinning: If required, the first coat can be thinned with up to 15-20% with clean water. Subsequent coats can be applied with up to 10% thinning. Â Avoid over thinning as this will affect the opacity. Stir well before use.
Drying times: Touch Dry: 1-2 hours. Re-coatable after 3-4 hours.
Equipment cleaner: Water and household detergent.
Spreading Capacity: See Table Below (m2/l)
|Surface type||New or Unpainted||Previously painted|
|Smooth- Lime Plaster||
13 – 17
12 – 14
|Bag Wash-Concrete Blocks||
6 – 8
|Tyrolean / Roughcast||
2 – 4
3 – 5
Colour range: Over 7,000 Colours including BS 4800 shade card, Ambiance plus any other shades from our Tinting system.
Pack sizes: 1 litre, 4 litres and 20 litres.
Availability: From Crown Depots in Nairobi, Kisumu and Mombasa and through Crown Stockists.
UNIQUE SELLING POINT (USP)
• Breathes – Allows vapour to escape without peeling off
• Outstanding water repellant effect for exterior protection
• Up to 10-year Warranty
• Self- cleaning properties (Dust easily washes off)
Clean the surface thoroughly to get 100 % effectiveness of Permacote Ultraguard Silicone Paints. Remove all loosely adhering material/contamination from the surface using coarse emery paper, putty pallets or wire brush and clean water. The substrate should be clean, free from dust, grease and lose materials by a wire brush. Dry and absorbent surfaces should be moistened with a sufficient quantity of clean water.
In-case of fungus, algae or moss has grown on the surface, clean & apply Crown Fungicidal Wash for an excellent performance. Do not apply on surfaces that are exposed to continuous seepage or dampness.
New Work: If the surface is not smooth, apply Crown Exterior Wallcare Cement Putty for filling fine cracks & smooth levelling. Then apply 3 coats Crown Permacote Ultraguard Silicone with first coat thinned up to 15-20 % with clean water.
Surfaces Previously Painted in Water-based Paint: Ensure the surface is clean and free of powdery or flaking material. If the surface is still suspect, apply 1 coat of Crown Penetrating Primer and allow to dry overnight. Then apply 2 coats Crown Permacote Ultraguard Silicone Paint.
Previously Gloss Painted Surfaces: Ensure that the gloss finish is thoroughly rubbed down to provide a key. Apply 1 coat of Crown Undercoat followed by 2 coats Crown Permacote Ultraguard Silicone Paint.
Loosely bound & lime-washed, cement painted, distempered surfaces: Remove all loose and flaking material down to a firm base, where necessary removing all previous coatings down to the original building fabric (refer Surface Preparation Data Sheet SP 1). Apply 1 coat Crown Penetrating Primer or* Apply 3 coats Crown Permacote Ultraguard Silicone Paint.
- When overcoating walls in sound condition with the same shade, the application of 1 coat may be sufficient.
- When overcoating a dark colour with a light shade, the application of 3 coats may be necessary.
- Choice of colours for technical reasons (often dependent upon pigment origin and type) an additional coat will often be required when using certain shades (particularly Bright Yellows, Greens, Oranges, Reds refer colour card for details). The use of these colours should be avoided on medium and low-cost projects. Where these low opacity colours are to be used on bare plaster, or for overcoating dark colours, the application of the first coat of a paler shade offering superior coverage is recommended. Consult Crown Technical Advisory Department for advice.
- For chemical reasons, certain dark colours offer less resistance to fading when subjected to ultraviolet light, especially in tropical climates. Consult Crown Technical Department for further details.
For health & safety information, please refer to our Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
*The shades in the final product may vary from the shades displayed on the website.