East Africa’s leading paint manufacturer Crown Paints has announced its entry into Rwanda with the establishment of an ultra-modern paint showroom in Kigali with a five-year plan to invest about USD2.5million in the country.
Rwanda now becomes the third country to host Crown Paints™ showrooms in East Africa as the paint maker also owns five other in Kenya and one in Tanzania.
According to Crown Paints Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rakesh Rao, the company aims to transform the lives of Rwandese by creating more job opportunities and contributing to the country’s economic growth as it also aims to establish a paint factory in Rwanda.
“We aim to recruit more customers and equip them with knowledge on our paints portfolio. There is a boom in the construction sector in Rwanda and consumer tastes are changing fast, with more people using texture and stone finishes,” said Mr. Rao.
The opening of the showroom in Rwanda comes after Crown Paints opened a depot in Kigali six months ago.
According to Mr. Rao the firm has full confidence in the Rwanda market and believes it’s the next frontier for its growth in the coming years. “With the rise in construction, Rwanda market has posed great opportunity for Crown Paints and we have gained a great level of stability in a short period. The market offers a lot of opportunity for quality paints,” he explained.
The showroom will also serve customers from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Burundi.
Crown Paints has grown to become a company with an annual turnover of USD 61.2million and is now producing 2.3 Million Liters of paint per month.
Crown Paints specializes in decorative paints, automotive paints, coating, adhesives, flooring and niche paint brands such as Amourcoat, Silicon, Acryline, Flowcrete amongst others.
- Githinji Patrick, Engage Burson Marsteller, +254 724556621
Notes to Editors:
- Crown Paints Group has a presence in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan and now Rwanda.
- Crown Paints has put in place several initiatives geared to promoting the use of quality products to ensure safety and long-life of buildings.
- The showrooms displays designer fashion finishes, textured finishes, waterproofing and construction chemicals from Pidilite.
- This year alone, Crown Paints Group has transformed lives of more than 10,000 pupils in Kenya through painting their classrooms and dormitories.