Ruff N Tuff is a super-premium Acrylic Emulsion based textured finish with guaranteed high performance formulated to provide multi-directional textures (Creation of Designer Texture and Designs) with more than 6000 exuberant colours on any exterior & interior cementitious surface. It incorporates mould resistant biocides for long protection life and can be applied on Plaster, Cement Rendering, Block Work, Cement, Stone, Bag-Washed and Fair Faced Concrete. It may also be applied to Timber, Glass and Aluminium.
As a whole system, RUFF N TUFF NORMAL comes with 15 years of life expectancy and consists of a 3 Coat System: 1 coat Ruff N Tuff White Base (1-1.5 mm) + 2 coats Crown Exterior quality paint (Permacote, Permaplast) or Interior quality paint (Silk, Vinyl Matt).
RUFF N TUFF is available in 2 grades:
- RUFF N TUFF INBUILT: Is a single coat application which is easy to apply & time-saving which results in cost-saving on labour & paint consumption. 1 coat system (1-1.5 mm) with ready-made 24 colours offered.
- RUFF N TUFF REGULAR: Is designed to give better overall performance compared to INBUILT finishes. REGULAR is available in 3 texture variants; Normal, Fine and Stoneless. As a whole system, RUFF N TUFF NORMAL comes with 15 years of life expectancy and consists of a 3 Coat System 1 coat Ruff N Tuff White Base (1-1.5 mm) + 2 coats Crown Exterior quality paint (Permacote, Permaplast) or Interior quality paint (Silk, Vinyl Matt).
REGULAR GRADE HAS THE FOLLOWING ADVANTAGES OVER INBUILT DUE TO MULTICOAT SYSTEM
- Multicoat system (1 Base + 2 Top Coats) to enhance the water resistance & Colour retention which lasts for more than 15 years
- Double up the cleaning ability by water/ rain
- Gives dual protection against Algae, Mold & Fungus.
- 2 times effective against efflorescence
- Has over 6000 shades to choose from
- Choice of the selection of topcoat paint like Permaplast & Ultraguard Silicone-based on your preference to get the best performance on walls
Characteristics: Based on Pure Acrylic Emulsion with Mould Resistant Biocides. Semi Thixotropic i.e. of Creamy Consistency
Advantages of Ruff N Tuff:
- Creation of Designer Texture and Designs. Multi-Surface application.
- Breathes Out Trapped Moisture. Contains High Level of Biocides to Resist Mould
- and Fungus attack. Resists Efflorescence. Graffiti Resistant. Water Resistant.
- Interior or Exterior Usage. Bridges Hair-Line Cracks. Hides Surface Imperfections.
- Rapid Drying. Water-Based. Provides Water Proof finish. Long term total
- Protection. Over 6000 shades to choose from. 15-year warranty*. Washable
Finish: Matt High Build Textured finish
Application: Apply using a stainless steel trowel. For finishing and texturing, a special finishing tool (stainless steel trowel, special Plastic trowel or comb) is required depending upon the textured finish (like circular, Horizontals, Vertical).
Thinning: RUFF N TUFF is supplied ready for use & should not be thinned.
- Surface Dry: 4 Hours
- Hard Dry: 24 Hours
- Max. Hardness: 7 Days
Spreading Capacity: Depends upon the thickness & may vary with the type of surface 10-11 sq. meters per 30kg @ Film Thickness 1 to 1.5 mm
Equipment Cleaner: Water.
Colour range: Inbuilt 24. Regular over 6,000 shades
Pack Sizes: 30 kg & 5 kg.
Availability: From Crown Depots and through Crown Stockists.
UNIQUE SELLING POINT (USP)
- Wide range of multi-directional texture and designs
- Offers a smoothly washable and stain-resistant finish
- Comes with a 15-year warranty
- Can be top-coated with more than 6000 exuberant colours on any exterior & interior cementitious surface.
- Incorporates mould resistant biocides for long protection life
Remove all loosely adhering material/contamination from the wall surface with the help of coarse emery paper, putty pallets or wire brush and clean water. The substrate should be dry, clean, free from dust, grease and loose materials.
New Surfaces: After surface, preparation apply 1 coat Ruff N Tuff using a stainless steel trowel.
Previously painted in sound condition: Clean and prepare the surface. Apply 1 coat Ruff n Tuff using a stainless trowel. Do not overpaint previously Gloss Painted Surfaces.
Loosely bound or flaking paint
- Wire brush/ scrape to remove all possible loose, chalking and flaking material.
- Apply by brush coat of Crown +3 Masonry Primer.
- Allow overnight to dry.
- Apply Ruff N™ Tuff finish using Stainless Steel Trowel.